Worried About My Sister

I had mentioned in a previous blog that my sister might be pg, and then it turned out she isn't. I had also eluded to a problem she has been having. I won't air all her dirty laundry, and I won't mention her by name. :) I am just worried, and so I wanted to get it all off my chest.

A couple months ago, she was having a lot of pg symptoms. Her boobs swelled up (to the point her blood vessels were popping out, she says), her boobs were very tender, she gained a little weight, she was nauseous, and AF was acting funny. She went to her dr for her yearly exam, and when the dr was doing her breast exam, she noticed. She asked her if she was having any other symptoms, and the dr skipped the pap and said that she was 99.9% sure that she was pg, and took a blood sample to send away. Well, this was at the end of the week, so she had to wait until the following week to get results. However, her and her SO thought she was pg and started to make some plans.

The dr called her the following week and said that the tests came back neg. She was not pg. The dr was concerned, and sent her for some bw. It came back that she was anemic, and the dr started her on medications. I told her that I was confused and didn't think that explained all of her other symptoms, but she let it go, and so I did, too.

A couple weeks later at work, she had such a horrible pain her stomach that she passed out, and then she couldn't walk when she woke up because of a pinched nerve in her leg. She ended up in the ER for an entire day while they ran tests and tried to figure out what was wrong. One of the tests showed a cyst on one of her ovaries. The ER dr was not really "up" on the whole ovary thing and told her to make an appt with her gyno to have that looked at.

She then went to the gyno (which happens to be the same one I go to) and she wanted her to go for another u/s to see if it had grown or changed shape since her ER visit. She said that based on that info, she would be able to determine whether or not to have it surgically removed or just do antibiotics for a while. When she went to leave and make the appt with the hospital, the discharging nurse was completely rude to her. She wasn't able to make the appt and was supposed to call back.

That was months ago, and she never did. The nurse was rude to her because she did not have health insurance at the time and said the hospital did not like that. My sister was very offended and waited until now, when she has insurance.

All of last week, every morning she was nauseous and throwing up. She was supposed to have AF and it didn't show, and so I told her it again sounded like she was pg. I went out and bought her pg tests, and they were all neg. I urged her to make an appt with her dr, because it is probably tied in with her earlier problems. She has had insurance now for a while, but has just been putting it off. She says that she "knows" nothing is wrong, but I think that deep down she might just be scared and that is why she keeps putting it off. I didn't let her leave my house last week one evening until she found a dr to call, and she now has an appt this Thursday (although I am not sure if it is for an u/s or just a dr visit). I am quite anxious to see what is going on with her.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment