Honest Scrap Award

Recently I received an Honest Scrap Award from one of my blogging friends: Kristin at http://where-is-our-baby.blogspot.com/ Thanks Kristin!!

The Honest Scrap stipulations:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find interesting and engaging
2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have won the "Honest Scrap Award"
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

10 Honest things about myself...
1. We have 2 beautiful daughters - Kaitlyn and Aurianna. Kaitlyn was a complete oops, and I was young - I had a brief moment that I considered terminating the pg. I am now against abortions and I completely tear up when I think about how my life would have turned out without her. I feel guilty for that moment of weakness when I had considered not keeping her.
2. My dh and I met when I was in my sophomore year of college and it was love at first sight. :) Our relationship has been completely rocky and lately hasn't been so wonderful, though.
3. My best friends are my sisters. I was not close with any of them growing up (I am the oldest of 4) but now they are the ones that I hang out with the most.
4. I have always struggled with my weight. I am an emotional eater, but I also have hypothyroidism. I have lost 21 pounds so far, and want to keep going!!
5. I wish my family was closer. As I said, I am closer with my sisters, but my parents are divorced. I do not speak much to my mother and my dad married my stepwitch who I do not get along with at all. She has never spoken to my children.
6. I love to read - whenever I have spare time, I always pick up my current book. My grandmother has a library in her house and so I borrow 3 or 4 books at a time, read them, and then bring them back to exchange them. My aunts and sisters do that, too. :)
7. I do not want to be a SAHM. Crazy, I know. I actually did it for a little over a year, and decided that I wanted to return to work. I love my daughters more than anything on this earth, but I just really longed for the interactions I had while at work with adults. :)
8. I am now happily working for a plasma collection center as a Manager. It is well-paying, flexible, with great benefits.
9. I took a $15,000/yr pay cut to go to my current position because I do put my family first. My dh wants $$$, which is one of our points of contention. I would rather spend time with my family (and we aren't in the poorhouse) but he just wants us to make tons of money. I was working about 80 hrs a week at my last job, which was the same industry but one position higher in a different company. I was NOT happy!
10. I love being pg!! That is my favorite part of everything. I love feeling the baby move, seeing my belly grow, seeing the heartbeat and hearing it for the first time. Everything is wonderful. I also felt very empowered last time when I did childbirth without any drugs - I never imagined I could do it and I did. What an accomplishment!!

I am supposed to choose 7 blogs, but I see all the blogs I read have already been chosen. I guess it stops here with me on this end. LOL If I find a blog that hasn't been chosen, then I will add it. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment