The winning combination...

I had a lot of time to reflect over the past weekend. Why do I want to get pg so badly right now? How is this going to affect me? What do I really think is going on with me and my body? Honestly, I think it is my thyroid that is causing all of these problems. Not ovulating is a sign of hypothyroidism, which... hmm... I was diagnosed with a couple years ago. According to my new family dr, though, it just magically disappeared and I no longer need medicated. My OB, who is the one that originally diagnosed me, is under the same impression. So then, why does everyone else I speak to say that it is impossible for that to happen?!?

It is so frustrating for dr's to not be able to figure out what is going on, when I think it is plain to see. I was previously diagnosed, tired all the time, low BBT, not O'ing, irregular cycles, thin hair, etc. This roller coaster ride actually started 3 years ago when I was TTC Aurianna, and apparently, even though I thought it stopped and I stepped off, I was wrong - I am still very much riding it, and we are going through even more loops and hills than we did before.

Last time, 3 years ago, my dh and I had stopped preventing and were just letting it happen when it happened. I had so many other things going on in my life that I wasn't too worried about it happening RIGHT NOW - like I am now. :) It got to the point, though, that I realized that we had been doing that for a year, and still no BFP. I went to my family dr, because I was also having other issues and thought I should get everything figured out. He drew bw, asked me if I had sex every day (really... he did) and said that if we were having sex everyday, he didn't know what was going on and said it wasn't anything medical. Hmm... That same day, I made an appointment with my OB. I had an appt scheduled for 3 weeks later, and guess what - I got my BFP!!

At the first appt, they drew blood. I will always remember the phone call, because I had my dd at the playground and it was about 6pm in the evening. My OB called and said that my bw was showing that I had a very underactive thyroid. She said she was surprised I had even managed to get pg with the numbers being what they were, and she called in a prescription because it could cause a m/c. I was scared to death, but SO ANGRY at my family doc - he had drawn bw specifically to test for that and he said everything was fine! I got on meds, and was on them for the duration of the pg, all the way until this past Dec.

I decided to go to a new dr, since he had completely pissed me off. I ran out of meds, and was off of the meds for about a month. When I visited her, she drew bw and said everything came back fine and that I could stop taking it. I saw my OB in March, and she was shocked that I was off the meds. She drew bw, and agreed - everything looked okay.

So what is going on?!?! I am going to call my dr again and have her test me again - something has to be up!

As far as weight loss, I kind of got off track for the last week, but I am jumping back on, full force. I hope I have the winning combo now - I am continuing WW (which has helped me lose 21 lbs so far) but I also bought Alli - the only FDA-approved weight loss pill. I am starting that Thursday evening, since I have Fri, Sat, and Sun off work and I don't know how it is going to affect me. I hope this will help me lose weight even faster. I was trying on bridesmaid dresses over the weekend, and realized how much weight I need to lose! I do have to say that I looked pretty good in one of the dresses, though. :) I just hate my arms!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I feel you on the arm thing! I hate seeing my arms in pictures. Ugghhhhhh. Good for you for getting back on track with your weight loss. If you ever need a cheerleader, you know I am always here. The 50 pounds I just lost felt like it took an eternity to come off.

So sorry that your TTC journey is so frustrating. I hope the doctors can figure it out ASAP and that your BFP may be just around the corner. *HUGS*

Christina said...

Weight loss is wonderful, but it does seem to take forever. About 10 years ago I managed to lose almost 90 lbs (doing Weight Watchers) and it seemed to take forever at the time, but afterwards it really didn't - only about 9 months. I just keep thinking about that!

Post a Comment