Going to start Clomid!!

I had my HSG done last Friday. Really - not nearly as bad as some people said it was. I am sure it is different for everyone so I am grateful that I am one of those that it did not feel painful for. I was so stinking nervous going in there, and when I get nervous, I cry. I struggled not to, and thank goodness I didn't because it is always so embarrassing! Anyhow... the verdict was --

Right tube completely blocked - couldn't get any dye to come through. My left tube appeared open and had a good flow of dye, so my dr assured me that is all we need and that is a good thing. So not 100% what I wanted to hear, but better than the alternative.

Dr. H said she would have the nurse call me on Monday and let me know what the next steps were to be, and I should not take the Provera or Clomid yet. I waited around all day yesterday - carried my cell phone with me everywhere, kept checking to see if I had any calls - no dice. I am amazed at my patience, but the thought of all the thousands of times that I had called and bugged them held me back. LOL I figured that I couldn't fill my prescriptions until tomorrow because of my work schedule, so as much as it pained me, I decided to not call until sometime tomorrow before I left work.

Thank goodness, she called me today! She gave me the green light to start the Provera to get my next cycle going and then do the Clomid.

Funny story - she told me to temp and send in my charts at the end of the month so that Dr. H. can see whether or not I O'd and adjust my dosage if necessary. She then proceeded to tell me how to temp, and I told her that I have been temping for a couple cycles but doing it vaginally. She paused, for - I swear - like 5 seconds before answering and said, "Well, you can do it orally." Is it that disgusting to do it vaginally?!? I told her that I did it orally my first cycle and my readings were all over the place, and since I switched to vaginally they have been easier to read. She paused again, and just basically said to do it however I want to. I wonder why she seemed against doing it vaginally? It works just as well and is a bit easier to do.

I am excited and nervous all at one time. I wonder how the Clomid is going to affect me - side effects, etc. I also can't quit thinking about the whole 5% chance of twins things, LOL. My dh wants to have twins SO badly. I definitely do not, although I would certainly be happy with whatever I am blessed with.

And, although I would never admit this outloud, I am a little hesitant to stop my weight loss. Crazy, huh? I want to lose weight so badly, and I also want a baby so badly. I think as long as I only gain the minimum (with my last pg I only gained 11 lbs) then I will be okay. I can pick up where I left off and go from there. I guess if I dont get pg on my first round of Clomid (or 2nd, 3rd...) then the one good thing is that I will be continuing to lose weight.

And this may be good luck, but if I do get pg this cycle, I will be due around my dh's bday (his bday is 5/22).

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations on getting the Clomid, I hope it is all you needed. I didn't have any side effects from the Clomid. GOOD LUCK!!!

Post a Comment