My favorite part of this pregnancy...

Is having Kaitlyn experience it with me, as well! Every single day she comes up to me and gives my belly a hug and a kiss and says that it is specifically for the baby. If Aurianna is sitting on my lap, she tells her to watch the baby. If I say I am full, she asks me if the baby had enough to eat. It is SO stinking cute! She talks about the baby every day and comments on my growing belly... I am tearing up while I am writing this. Darn pg hormones! LOL It is just so adorable. When I was pg with Aurianna, Kaitlyn was younger than what Aurianna is now, so she just didn't get it at all. Aurianna has no idea what is happening, and I am dreading bringing the baby home to her because I know she is going to be SO jealous! LOL

Kaitlyn asks me all the time if we can go to the hospital and get the baby out now. She also loves looking at the baby development books where it shows what the baby looks like each month in my belly. I never thought she would be so involved in this, as it is such an abstract concept for a little girl who is only 4 years old. I figured she would be excited about it for a couple days and then when it didn't happen right away, she would just forget about it unless we mentioned it. It has been 3 months, and I swear she is bonding with the baby more than any of us!

I felt a kick one day, and she asked me if the baby was "walking around" in my belly. I told her no, it was more like swimming. LOL She got on the floor and made swimming motions and asked if that is what the baby is doing, and I didn't have the heart to tell her no, so I said it is something like that. :) Too cute!

I haven't felt the baby in a couple days, although I guess that is common since I am only 16 weeks as of today. I was feeling him/her with a little more frequency, but the movements are still so faint I suppose I could miss them if I am not paying attention. I cannot wait until they become more pronounced and I can see them! I wonder if Kaitlyn will be able to see the kicks. Jeremy always had a hard time - it seemed like they both would settle down as soon as I told him to watch!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment